Become a Volunteer
As a volunteer driven and community service organization, we rely on the generosity and dedication of our volunteers to provide critical support to our programs and services. Our volunteers have demonstrated their support for the agency by offering continued hard work and determination. The work that you will be doing will help us achieve our mission and sustain our purpose.
What do you get out of Volunteering?
- Meet new people
- Gain a rewarding and meaningful volunteer and work experience
- Apply your current skills and gain some new ones
- Gain a greater understanding of HIV/AIDS in Toronto’s ACB communities
- Feel the personal satisfaction of doing a work which positively impacts the lives of people living with or affected by HIV/AIDS
- Become an educator to friends and family members on HIV/AIDS transmission/prevention, stigma and discrimination
We offer many ways to become involved, no matter your availability or knowledge level. Our volunteer opportunities include:
- Board and Committee Members
- Harm Reduction Program
- Health Promotion Program
- Support Program
- Administration/ Reception
Volunteers are matched with specific programs at Black CAP depending on agency needs and their interests, skills, and experience. We welcome the contributions of volunteers and endeavor to make sure each has appropriate orientation, training, and support to do their assignments.
Please help us to reduce HIV/AIDS in Toronto’s Black, African and Caribbean communities and enhance the quality of life of people living with HIV.