GetaKit by BlackCAP
GetaKit by Black CAP is a HIV Self -Testing service which aims to increase HIV testing, the frequency of testing, the number of people who know their status, and the number of people linked to treatment and care. This service is intended to make HIV testing accessible to reduce infection rates in key population groups such as: Gay, bisexual, transmasculine identified individuals and men who have sex with men; People of African, Caribbean and other Black descent; and People who use substances and/or inject drugs.
This program employs a status-neutral approach to HIV care means that all people, regardless of HIV status, are treated in the same way. It all starts with an HIV test. Any result, positive or negative, kicks off further engagement with the healthcare system, leading to a common final goal, where HIV is neither acquired nor passed.
More info available at getakit.ca
What we do?
- Promote self testing at Community Events
- Conduct community outreach in high frequency areas by ACB/Same gender loving men
- Workshops for Service Providers/Service Users
- Drop -in sessions for ACB/Same gender loving men
- Distribution of Sexual Health Kits/Supplies
- Network Initiatives with Agencies/Promotors.
- Community Engagement with high-risk groups
- Make culturally appropriate linkage to care and support services
Jermane Hall (He/They)
GBMSM Coordinator (HIV Testing Project)
HIV Prevention. Testing and Treatment for African/Caribbean/Black Canadians
Black Coalition for AIDS Prevention
20 Victoria Street, 4th Floor
Toronto, ON M5C 2N8
Number: +1 (416) 409-8251
Fax: 416 977.7664
Blaq Linx Toronto: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BLToronto
Blaq Pepper Pot: Blaq Pepper Pot | Facebook
B.C.A.P works to create culturally relevant outreach, prevention and support services for people infected with, affected by, or at risk of contracting HIV.
Please help us to reduce HIV/AIDS in Toronto’s Black, African and Caribbean communities and enhance the quality of life of people living with HIV.